Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

Because I love you

Because my love for you is true, here are a few things of which I wish to whisper to you...


~Glycerin (cheap!) added into any body moisturizer/face cream DOUBLES, TRIPLES, the moisture-boosting-powers. Try it. Mix it into steeped green tea, or plain water for a good spritzer that is just as good as MAC Fix+. Just store in fridge and remember to throw it out every two weeks to avoid bacteria growth.

My personal mix: I steeped (organic...dunno why that's important for topical application. It FEELS important) lavender/chamomile tea and green tea...added witch hazel, 1/2 tspn glycerin, a bit more water, shook it up, et voila!

So lonngggg, sucker


~Zoe Foster, my inspiration as a teenager, author of many a beauty article and chick lit book, has come out with a great app for your iPhone. It's called "AMAZING FACE." Sounds promising.

 I love it and highly recommend it. It cost me $3.99. A fun and useful little doohickey.
 Contains basic info and tips that are handy to cart around. E.G. things to say at the hairdresser's.
 Has little video and picture tutorials for a myriad of basic beauty routines, like a textured updo, a long-lasting red lip, etc.
 THE BEST PART: it gives you lists of key items you should have for your bathroom cupcoard, car, purse, etc.
And you can store lists of key items in your kit, as well as stuff you want to get. A shopping list, so you don't forget under the disorienting, gleaming lights of Holt Renfrew. It's perfect especially for beauty beginners, so do tell your mother, friend, niece, about it.

Here is Zoe Foster, backing up her Amazing Face claims with her very own, amazing face :)


~The perfect nude lip. Found.

 "THEY" (magazines, beauty editors) say:
Check the COLOUR of your GUMS. DO IT. YOU LOOK LIKE A SNARLING WOLF, WHAT OF IT? Now...match that tone.

I say: Sacre bleu! That idiotic snarl in the mirror showed me only that my gums that are pinky-red veering on pastel pink. And yet.
No pinky nude lip suits me.
GOSH Darling (waste of  $13) was the last to prove this.
Perhaps I wasn't made for nude lips!
Perhaps my lips be too red, my nose too bulbous, my frown too grim.

THEY say: TRY AGAIN. NUDE LIPS ARE UNIVERSAL. THEY REIGN ETERNAL.

I say: No. No. No again! No. -tossing aside lipsticks- Ooh. Wait a sec.
Hell-looo J Lo! Goll-ly!

THEY SAY: SEE? WE TOLD YOU.

I say: I look well-slept. Refreshed. Polished but not overdone.

THEY SAY: SO WHAT WAS IT? Your perfect nude lipstick...what IS it?

I say: Anna Sui.
(crowd gasps)
Yes, indeed, Anna Sui. Shade 701.

THEY SAY: Eh?? Does that brand even MAKE lipsticks? Isn't it all overpriced, faux-goth plastic-coated trash, for rich little girls?

I say: They do make lipsticks and they are great. I shall ignore your other comments as I, and Anna, are above them.

You need a good balm beforehand if you have flakes but otherwise, these are quite moisturizing. The finish is almost jelly-like. It gives sheer coverage, which is key I think, so your natural colour still shows through. You can build it up to almost complete opacity. It looks yummy. Needs reapplication after a few hours, but what of it? So do the YSL Rouge Voluptes.
 It is just pigmented enough without being too MAC-Myth-ish.

They say: Can you back that up with a photo?

I say: I can, although this was taken when I was SICK, little sleep, the usual. I have since purchased Anna Sui 303 which is the sweetest subtly-brightening pink one can imagine, and am completely enamoured with her whole lipstick line. They carry a black lipstick, didja know??

They say: Ahem.

I say: Ah. Yes. Here ya go.
Before--au naturel lips. (That flattering, subtle gleam upon my lids, is Dior Rosy Tan)
After: Anna Sui 701 with a bit of Elizabeth Arden Sugared Kiss lip liner at edges blended inwards....

THEY SAY: GOB...smacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment