Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

In honour of Princess Diana

Do you remember when Princess Diana died?

My mother made us all (boys included) gather round the TV set and watch everything that aired about her--the various news updates, the documentary on her life, and the funeral. Praised her to the skies. etc. Made quite an impression on me.



There's a lot of stuff to admire about the Princess.

Humanitarian work, lovely personality, the way she impacted the world and spoke out about stuff that was supposed to be hush-hush. I love how she endured a hell of a lot in her private and public life, but made the best of it. Always a cheerful smile.



I've been inspired by her of late. There are some many well done documentaries & clips of her on youtube which I've been watching in my free time. I would love to emulate her on many levels.



Today I decided to do a Princess Diana inspired makeup.

Soft champagne gold and peachy tan on eyes, with blue eyeliner, blue mascara.
Orange-y frosty lipstick.
Tinted moisturizer/bronzer.

By the way: liquid bronzer? Apply with a contour brush instead of with fingers.
Makes a WORLD of difference!



Things of note:
That she didn't go overboard with the base.

That she stuck with blue eyeliner/mascara her whole life, and with good reason. It makes you seem ALERT & well-rested. And blue mascara is terrific for bringing out the *Whites* of ones eyes, cancelling out any bloodshot-ness...
She did go more browns/golds as she got older, but the blue made an appearance every once in a while.

On a regular basis, her lipstick seemed a very sheer glimmery barely-there colour, something like Estee Lauder Tiramisu.

This look is perfect for winter, as it makes you look vibrant and fresher than usual!!

Being a terrible blogger--these are all phone pics, not the best quality. It looks much prettier in real life, esp the bronzer. I just love that stuff.


Items used
Omorovicza SPF Complexion Enhancer & Sunkiss bronzer
Diorskin Nude Sculpting Powder
Lise Watier concealer wheel (Portfolio les beiges)
Lise Watier Sublime lipstick in Gala
Annabelle Creme Caramel Trio
Lise Watier waterproof eyeliner in Teal & Cover Girl Liqui'line in Blue Boom
Quo mascara in blue







I know certain aspects of my face are a disgrace, but it's fun to pretend to be a brunette Natalia Vodianova.
 If GUERLAIN stand behind her, fuzzy brows and all, surely I, with no contract to speak of, may breathe easy?

Oh by the way, here's a face chart that Princess Diana's first makeup artist created for her when she was younger! Source

Let me end with my favourite picture of her...


No comments:

Post a Comment