Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Self indulgent pictures on a stormy winter's night

In celebration (annoyance) at the news that the designer (WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS -- rhymes with Faroon, begins with H) who made my wedding dress has somehow got his hands on my pics and is using them in Pakistan to advertise his work (WITHOUT ASKING. not even a crateful of Multani mangoes with a "thank-you-for-being-most-beauteous" note)... Where was I? Oh.. I decided to recreate  my wedding makeup. Used mainly Fyrinnae eyeshadows, which are addictively sparkle-some.

 Ah Fyrinnae, je t'adore -- not to be confused with feeeeerneeeeee, which is yet another S. Asian dessert that readers of this blog--speaking to my loyal but imaginary friend Jonathan McDougal, here--MUST try

The picture quality has still not improved. Instead of my camera, I used... my 'camera' (a hefty, unwieldy iPad).






Omorovicza SPF 15 Enhancer with Sunkiss as bronzer. 
Chanel Poudre Universelle (in Peche) to set (don't much like this, it can look cakey if you're not careful. Diorskin Nude Glow powder is far superior/more finely milled)

Fyrinnae Mephisto, Meerkat + Pyromantica Erotica (eyelid)
MAC Star Violet (crease) 
Essence gel eyeliner (midnight in paris) -Essence makes the best gel liners and the angled brush they sell isn't bad either! Sturdy, thin, and perfect for precision.
A dab of theBalm Mary Lou-manizer bronzer on cheeks. This has a bit of iridescence, nothing obvious.
Vasanti lipstick in Spain. Vasanti make amazing lipsticks, apart from their matte ones. The range of colours is superior to many other lines. If you're into shimmer and intriguing textures, if you like subtlety that isn't dull, you should swatch their stuff next time you're at Rexall.


This pic caught the look best (if you click to enlarge)



Please pay particular attention to how much my eyebrows have improved since my last FOTD.

 The reason being, in lieu of visiting my terrific 'brow' lady (who is about 2 hours from me and who I haven't seen for months), I mustered up the courage to thread them myself. Followed THIS awesome tutorial.



How beautiful is that lady? More than features, it's her "andaaz," the style/bearing that comes across.
She has a very sweet expression in her eyes. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment