Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Michael Kors perfume review

One dab of this will suffice. Beautiful lush white floral scent with some spice, incense, sandalwood (?) Makes my day so pleasant just by having this gentle, warm aroma wafting around me.
Brings back tender, treasured memories of both of my grandmothers, dad's and mom's side (in a good way- not disparagingly). They had quite a lot in common, despite being quite different otherwise...both had tiny little gardens, which included an arched bough of jasmine and tuberose which they referred to as "raat ki raani"-Queen of the night. Smells just like this perfume. We used to visit them every summer, taking turns (they lived in different cities). Every morning, they both got one of us grandkids to pluck 2 perfect little jasmine blossoms from outside, and wore them as temporary earrings throughout the day. (I used to wake up early and get the flower/earrings for them before anyone else could, as I felt it was an honour. if ever i forgot to or someone else got there before me, i'd be so disappointed!)



My dad's mom, she used to weave them into her braid every day, or get one of us (her grandchildren) to do it. My mom's mom, she taught us how to make them into bracelets and little crowns, and she'd adorn us with them. These are just a few of the memories I associate with this fragrance.




I wanted to buy this for a very long time, but never got around to it. Only used a sample. Then recently, i acquired a bottle & started wearing this around my husband, he was amazed, and praised it to the skies, exclaiming how it reminded him of HIS beloved grandmother's garden! Such a coincidence. And fragrance has such potency. This is also his fave from all my perfumes!

This lovely, delectable fragrance brings back a wave of nostalgia & takes me back to pleasant, happy childhood moments spent with two of the sweetest, loveliest ladies I have ever known. I always thought they were the epitome of femininity, graciousness, and elegance, and therefore associate tuberose/jasmine scents with these characteristics. And far as I am from these things, when i wear this perfume, I feel temporarily in the same class of grace and greatness, just by the olfactory association. I think this tops all other tuberose fragrances out there (keeping in mind that I've still not tried Fracas). 

Diorrissimo by Dior used to do the same thing for me, despite being a bit different (soft, lily-of-the-valley), but I think they reformulated it. Also, it's not quite as long-lasting as this one, so this is my new favourite.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely perfume! I understand it is made my Michael Kors, but what is the name of the perfume itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also called Michael Kors... Confusingly enough

      Delete
  2. Hey lovely blog come visit mine I also have a Michael kore perfume review comment or follow if you like what you read :). http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete