Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

Berenice Marlohe Copy-Cat

For the past week I have been trying out an interesting style of makeup. It's similar to my usual overdone-aunty style, just more exaggerated.

The basic pattern I follow is here, on this extraordinary blog, which is so interesting! She has an artist's eye for detail and luckily the writer's ability to explain it.
For instance, she explains contouring methods in depth. Honestly I didn't realize how versatile the taupe colour can be, till I came across her blog.

Today, inspired by this same actress (Berenice Marlohe from the James Bond film Skyfall)--she has a penchant for unique, beautiful eye makeup!--I decided to copy this 'statement liner' design.




Please excuse the terrible quality of these screenshots, this laptop is a doddering ole thing.



Gah, I hate my hyperpigmentation! Nothing covers it!
For skin, I tried out my sample of YSL Touche Eclat Foundation, which is too light, then Cover FX CC cream to try to darken it...and Lise watier concealer.
 And Maybelline Timeless Toffee long-lasting lipstick was blended on as a cream blush. And Rimmel cherry kiss lipliner softened with lip-balm.

Anyway for the eyes this is:
1. Too Faced Natural eyes palette (the topmost trio of colours) --> these are great but require a primer, which I left out today. --> used the same shades on the brows too.
2. Marcelle Kajal/Kohl in waterline (it has no irritating ingredients)
3. Guerlain liquid liner (very fine and precise and easy to clean up)
4. Fyrinnae Witchy Woodland Creatures (a sparkling cool-brown/taupe) along the bottom lashes after the Too Faced dark brown
5. Wet n Wild Panther (basic black) to try and darken it to the level she had...to no avail...

It was a different kind of makeup, kind of villainous and intense. It would make a good base for heavy or unique (like Shu-style) false lashes, I think. It'd JUST balance them out enough that they wouldn't be TOO comical.

The earrings I wore...it's a fabulous design

Yay! Back to makkup shakkup gupshup... tomorrow I'll write about some awesome books I've been reading and we shall dance, we shall dance, we shall dance. We meaning me and my band of imaginary readers...Father Dougal, Petunia Merryweather, Pompeii Reigns Supreme, and Aunt Jemima.

No comments:

Post a Comment