Pages

Friday 18 July 2014

Motherly Musings

I didn't realize my own strength, before I became mother to a Sweetnik.

I didn't realize how much strength it takes to rouse oneself from a brief nap after, days of broken sleep, for one more round of carrying around a Kitten Love. 

Nor what it takes to hold back the screams, after reading the same excuse for a story, for the umpteenth time to a Scholar-tot.

Or what it takes to pull a Glorious Youth off the swings after he's spent the entire time laughing (to the point of hiccups) with the good cheer normally reserved for a Santa Claus chugging down egg nog. 

I can spend 3 hours in a crouching tiger position, attempting to feed a Rambunctious Joy/Cheery Chomper. Getting up only to prepare more dishes.
(I can spend hours making special dishes for him, only to have him dump the whole thing with a perfect left hook. The tears dried up many paye ago.).

If someone wants celeb gossip, I'm prepared to discuss the finer points of the Yellow Wiggle scandal. (This is how I chill). Last time I got a chance to have fun, it was to get the groceries. Treat. Yo'. Self

And so it goes on.

1 comment: