Pages

Sunday 15 December 2013

Canadian Problems

It's not like I buy nothing in between, but ordering from the internet is always a hassle because:
1. Customs take their time, processing and checking and making sure there's no anthrax embedded in the eyeshadows.
2. Canada Post delivery people have the endearing habit of  "attempting delivery" (but never ringing on the doorbell, knocking, or even risking a trip to this charming ghetto). They then leave a notice in the mailbox, dropping the item off at local post office, at their convenience.

I am so excited because my second Artist of Makeup parcel has arrived. Albeit, the whole "attempted delivery" shenanigans were pulled. Yet again.
 Trudging in the 15 cm of snow, I tried to unlock the mailbox. Uh uh. It was frozen and jammed shut due to the cold.

So now I'll have to go out tomorrow, with a portable hairdryer (don't own one, note to self: buy one first) and try to defrost it a bit. Or perhaps the sun will kindly pay us a visit.

THEN I'll have the notice card, THEN trudge to the post office in my boots (no boots, note to self: purchase those too), and THEN...FINALLY...the banality of the situation will dissolve as I unpack NEW SHINY EYESHADOWS!  Hurrah for glamour! Hurrah for global warming!

No comments:

Post a Comment