Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Polka Dotted Lips and Other Misadventures

This makes me laugh whenever I think about it so I had to save it here...

So I was at the makeup counters, having brought along my little sister to take care of baby, dillying and dallying between Guerlain and Benefit. 
As you do. 

Keep in mind that this kid, despite being a uni student, procurer of awards/scholarship, and supposedly intelligent, is quite excitable and childish. She also finds shopping extremely dull, moreso when it's

MAKEUP shopping, so she was trying desperately to make it interesting for herself.

I look up and there she is at some counter, smiling widely, swiping on testers of EYELINER and eyeshadow on her eyes. 

Me: NO DUN DO THAT GERMS AHH. 

Baby sis -grinning from ear to ear-: Sorry, what? 

Me: You'll get people's germs! And they'll get yours! 

Baby sis: What? Ooooh look at my eyelashes *blinks* Aren't they pretty
! I think mascara is the best makeup. Don't you? Oooh EYEBROW STUFF! Everyone tells me I need to fill in my eyebrows.
(SMEARS PURPLISH EYELINER ONTO EYEBROWS) 
You're supposed to seal it in right? That's what my friend does! Is this it? (RUNS DARK BLUE MASCARA THROUGH HER BROWS)


Me: NOOO! GERMS! *pull her away* 

Baby sis (pouts): Why'd you do that? There's no germs! Don't they replace the testers every time? 

Me: NO! Just try it on your hand. By the way your brows are purple and blue. 

Baby sis: Really? Haha. I thought it would be brown. oooh look at this colour! *SWIPES ON THREE RANDOM DOTS OF A LIP LACQUER--you know, the kind that dries and is impossible to take off?--in a BRIGHT PINK colour.*
Oooh it's so bright. LOOK! -tries to rub lips but the dots have already dried-

Me: Why'd you do that? It's one of those long lasting ones. Now you're gonna have random pink dots on your lips. 

Baby sis: Oh no! It's on me forever?!? -genuinely about to cry- I hate makeup -tries frantically to get it off- This is so stupid! Makeup sucks! 
-i asked the counter lady for a makeup wipe-

Later..


Baby sis: Oooh cheeks! -swipes on a transparent colour-changing gloss from Smashbox.- 
Me: Your cheeks have random fuchsia squiggles all over them.
Baby sis: What no, it's transparent!
Me: -sigh- it changes colour. 
Baby sis: What? Makeup is so stupid! Oh no! Everyone will make fun of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment