Pages

Wednesday 5 March 2014

A Violet Tinge

Ah, my burnt little crumpets!

My scathed scones, blameless though you are, and seething with the unjustice of it all, forgive me! I may have left you too long in the oven! I was lost, my dears, lost to your piteous bleats! For I was admiring my latest acquisition, as it shone with a potent lustre! Almost as potent as this third cup of coffee.

Revlon Icy Violet! 

Lookit!
Checkit!
Get yo' own, homie G dawg shiggity diggity boom boom!

(Coffee--in this town, we blame...ze...coffee).

Giggity (doesn't the stupid headband make me look like someone from Mortal Kombat?)
LUSH Sophisticated cream shadow, Smashbox Icon cream shadow, Dior Extase Pinks, MAC Tilt/Star Violet
Understated 'violet'...it mutes down the lips so they gently complement the cool-toned eyes.

A great formula, better than the regular line I think, because it is that bit more balm-y and hydrating. Frost-frightened little lambs need not refrain... Tis not frosty in the least, the 'icy' in the name refers only to a subtle dusting of splendour. Although the doctor has been nudging me to get my eyesight evaluated... 

Background: ze company, zey were kind enough to re-release five previously discontinued lipsticks, voted for by ze peoples. 

Mais...un petit probleme.. zey are of ze limited edition variety. Alackaday! (More informative, less annoying post here)

I refuse to get so attached to les ojets zat I indulge in 49 backups. Although...c'est une possibilite, n'est-ce pas?

In any case, Icy Violet...when thou dost finally drop, plippity plop, from the market stands, and when the last little stub bids us adieu, you shall be missed. You are like MAC Fluid refined, less ostentatious, less deadening. You are like a Clinique Plum Perfect, but less greasy, a softened gleam, less out-of-this-nebula metallic. 

Violet, plum, withered prune colours, zey are my favourite! 

And so I shall share, in this same post, oui, in this very one (it must be your lucky day!), ANOTHER GOOD VIOLET-ISH PLUM-ISH LIPSTICK!

Zut alors! I see you sway...clasp your walking stick for support. My dear! You must not faint with the excitement of it all! Smelling salts, Marie! Bring the smelling salts! 

Anyway... I give you...Dior Prune Daisy...
Lise Watier Les Cuivres palette on eyes, over Smashbox Icon cream e/s
No lipliner used, believe it or not. This guy is so tenacious, vibrant, and awesome. I wrote a (coffee-charged) post on him somewhere here, bemoaning the reformulation, condemning it. 

I WAS A FOOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment