Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

Annabelle's new quads

Annabelle's new(ish?) eyeshadow quads have me flabbergasted. You must have seen them. 
They cost about 11.99 at SDM, have gloriously flattering shades, and DAMN I FOUND A DIOR DUPE (but it's better).

Annabelle Cosmetics are a Canadian line, like Marcelle and Lise Watier, that have drugstore prices similar to Rimmel & co.

 Usually they surpass their drugstore counterparts, e.g. their eyeliners, BB creams, smudgepots, eyeshadow trios, and now these! 


For one thing, the moment I swatched the tester at SDM when these were first released, the item out for swatch (Chai) reminded me mightily of Dior's Earth Reflections palette. Scarily so. In any case, the shades were so glorious, so smooth, pigmented, and shimmery in a tasteful, expensive way, that I just had to have it. Sadly, other, savvier shoppers must've thought the same. This specific shade has been sold out at every single shop I have been in, in several cities! If you (crickets) see it, GRAB IT! Grab several. Sell the extras on ebay later and fund a marathon with the profit... 

But I digress. After a couple of months (yes I am that sad) of holding out for the Chai quad, I decided to settle for Java instead. After all, the colours were cooler toned and would probably stand out more on my warm colouring. 

Right off the bat, this guy decided HE DID NOT WANT TO BE TOUCHED. A bugger to open, there ought to be a little booklet explaining how with it. Or an Annabelle quad opener, like a bottle opener. They could sell it for a nickel, I'd buy it. 

OK so once opened, and used several times (compliment getter, btw!)...I realized that one shade in particular resembled a Dior eyeshadow that I love. 

A lovely "minky" (as Lisa Eldridge described it) colour, the star of the quint. (The Dior palette was SUCH a fail for me, barely showed up, but for this particular colour, I'd willingly get a backup. It is that good.)

So seeing as I own no decent camera, just a phone one, and the swatch photos I took were promptly deleted, you'll just have to be content with trusting me on this.
Dior Rosy Tan, meet Annabelle Java.

See the bottom left shade in the Dior?
Now see the top right shade in the Annabelle? That's the dupe. Almost exact, except that the Annabelle one goes on more smoothly. The Dior one isn't as finely milled, so it comes out looking more *chunky* than the Annabelle. It may also appear a hair warmer in certain lights, but honestly, on the lids they look like clones.

So, again, no swatches. Horrible blogger, I be. But if you trust me on this, you'll be losing, what, 12 bucks? And gaining a gorgeous flattering palette that is horrible to open? 

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing :) I have been looking for nude shades for ages, must keep an eye out for these!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see you are located in the UK. Unfortunately Annabelle won't be available where you are!

      Delete