Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

Miss Dior Cherie Bow (Review)

I had to get the Miss Dior Cherie Bow palette. The packaging = glorious cuteness, cute gloriousness, whichever way you look at it (on your head or sideways).

In terms of a review, I don't want to be honest.

I want to praise it to the skies.

 I love it and have been using it EVERY DAY since acquisition.

But the truth is that it...no I won't say it! OK I will: only the eyeshadows are good.

Of which there are only three, and pretty dull colours. They work better in conjunction with other shadows, useful to have, but so boring on their own.

The gel liner sucks. It smudges, hard to get on lids, etc.
The lipgloss is moisturizing but also, sucky. I have a Dior travel palette in which EVERY ITEM is a keeper, glosses included, it's puzzling why they would release something so mediocre. Recession chic... Sheikh Recession..

Frankly, most people require each item to dazzle / delight, in a palette, in order for them to fork over their life savings. But me different (loco).
This is the 2nd time in a row Dior has disappointed me. I was still reeling from the bitter letdown, that was their travel brush set (brushes shed, don't work as well as my Ecotools ones...could've spent that cash on two sets of Real Techniques)...

But all's well that ends well. Because I get a genuine thrill of little-girl-joy from it, something I haven't gotten since the days of tea parties with teddy bears, Mrs Bunny, and the whole string of her "friends and relations". I find excuses to use it every single day. This is something Minnie Mouse would keep in her purse along with a string of plastic pearls and a slice of cheddar.



Day look



Estee Lauder Mochachino cream shadow as base, followed by all three eyeshadow shades, lightest to darkest. Nothing on lower lash line.

Same look carried into evening (Arabic smokey eye):


Essence's black gel liner on both upper and lower lash lines, winged out. (Tried to use the gel liner included in the Dior palette, but it was a fail)

 In between the two wings, a flick of the palest pink eyeshadow.

More dark shadow piled onto lid. More mascara.
 Nothing on waterline.
 Quite authentic, as I saw many Saudi women do this exact type of makeup.


Items used:
Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist
Guerlain primer
Omorovicza Complexion Enhancer (not in pic)
Diorskin Nude Sculpting Powder
Annabelle Haute Chocolate used to contour
Estee Lauder cream shadow Mochachino
Dior Cherie Bow Palette
MAC Expensive Pink on outer 3rd of lid (to add warmth)
Fyrinnae Evocation on inner corner (sparkle)
Rimmel Paradise lipstick



No comments:

Post a Comment