Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

Shiseido Beach Grass

[Note: If you want to see good swatches, see this post.]

One of my favourite combinations is MAC Expensive Pink with Star Violet, and any variation of highlighter lying around (even WnW Brulee). Shiseido Beach Grass is a similar palette to this pairing, but less rich/deep.

Shiseido Beach Grass

The colours are tempered to be milder, with a slightly talc-y glow that you don't get with MAC.
The end result is cleaner. Subtle, but eyes look brighter.

Shiseido eyeshadows are very interesting, to me. Not just the colour combinations (which are AWESOME).
 The way they have blended in the shimmer is beautiful and...different to most companies.

It is distinct and visible but so teensy-tiny. Seems it's lying on the 'surface' of the underlying colour, rather than part of it, but because it's so finely milled...it's like the sheen of satin. I don't mean the typical satin finish eyeshadows, but the actual fabric.

With just a dab, careful not to scar the INCREDIBLY soft product, it covers the lid well.

The brushes and mirror that come in the compact, are actually very good! The mirror is better quality than the average Dior/Chanel compact mirrors--does that sound plausible? It's true though. Like a 0.5 difference, but still. The brushes are: 1 double-ended sponge-tip applicator--better than the average sponge-tip applicator any other company would give you--and a natural hair brush (I don't know what kind of hair).

 There used to be a makeup...person on youtube, fuzkittie, who created lots of looks using only spongetip applicators. What I mean is, these are actually quite useful, so don't discard.

With this, I only need to use one other brush (an 'eye sweep' one) and the look is 'finished.'

In this trio, the colours are pale mauve, a pinkish gold similar to Expensive Pink (but less intense, which most people would prefer, I think), and a cream.

To me, the slightly shimmery cream comes off as chalky/powdery, doesn't apply evenly, and just looks...cheap. The other two are fine.

Rambles, rambles, eggs be scrambled. I am preferring Elizabeth Arden Smoky Powder pencils with this, in keeping with the softness, rather than a painted-on stark black liner.. I did use Guerlain liquid liner with it once, but it was a jarring mismatch.
[I've also used it with a blended-out teal eyeliner once..And a bronze-brown liquid liner. A smoky violet would also be interesting...]

The palette is...excellent, useful...but boring for evening/parties.
I have found myself using Artist of Makeup Brazen, or Cocoa, or Espresso--even MAC Typographic--to lend some dimension. Alsssooooo...lasting power isn't CRAAAAZY...

The only times it lasted on me from morning until night was with 1. Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy 2. Maybelline Bad to the Bronze Colour Tattoo 2. Smashbox Cream eyeshadow (Icon). Even THEN a quick touch-up was in order.

Final thoughts: This trio would work very well with an off-white, apricot, peach, or turquoise desi outfit, I think. I haven't had coffee all day, and the result has been a less annoying post than usual, hopefully. Less poorly-incorporated French.

Child of Gumption and Delight awaits his next meal, so let me bid adieu...adieu...to you and you and yo-oou.

No comments:

Post a Comment